Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I mean, who doesn't love Chocolate and Zucchini?

So results are in for the 2008 Bloggies and top honour for Best European Weblog went to Chocolate and Zucchini, which I must say I find absolutely deserved. Not that I would have minded taking the top prize myself, of course, but it's all in what you bring to the table, innit?

I have to admit that I knew nothing about C&Z before we became co-contenders for the prize, but I've now perused the site in some depth and have to say that I'm completely inspired by the charming Clotilde, the ideological powerhouse behind the blog [and the books]. Her dedication and commitment to blogging and writing about her passion - food - is absolutely commendable. She's put a huge amount of work into her site [she actually translates it into French] and certainly deserves the accolades she's received. Hats off.

Meanwhile it was a huge honour to be shortlisted [I know, I'm probably sounding like an also-ran at the Academy Awards or something, but I really mean it], I truly enjoyed participating and want to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone who supported the Weather Report [I know there were many of you]. You totally rock.

AND SPEAKING OF WEATHER REPORTS
We're inching closer to spring every day, moving at a snail's pace rather than a gallop, but no matter: We Shall Overcome [the Cold Puddle] and get there, eventually. And anyway, we certainly don't have it as bad as our friends in the UK who reportedly got blasted yesterday and are getting blasted again today. Went out for a brisk stroll around the golf course earlier and it was gorgeous - the sun was out, and the light just so crystalline and clear, turning the surface of the sea into a magnificent iridescent blue. Right now we have 3°C [37F] and sunrise was at 7.59 am, sunset is due for 7.17 pm.

Labels: