Monday, April 07, 2008

Hi my name is Alda and I'm sad and I spend my nights surfing the Internet

So, I was just up at the Iceland Review offices having coffee with my friend Jonas when an unnamed someone who works there came up and joined in the conversation. And we started talking about t'Internet and blogs and pedantic readers and such, and in the heat of the conversation the unnamed person said something like, "You know, there are so many sad people out there who spend their evenings just surfing the Internet" and all of a sudden everything went QUIET and Jonas and I just sort of looked at each other and then there was a pause and TUP's face went the same crimson colour as her sweater and when I finally caught my breath I said, "I am so going home and making that into the title of my next blog post."

And as you can see, I did not stand with the empty words*.

Anyway, we were all feeling slightly subdued today because our friend Sara, who has been a staff writer for Iceland Review for the last couple of years, got on a plane this afternoon and soared on out of here, leaving Niceland with one less supertalented writer. She left us with this poignant Daily Life post [the Daily Life column grew out of the original Iceland Weather Report, betcha did not know that] and undoubtedly has some fantabulous adventure waiting just around the corner.We'll miss her!

I've been pretty busy these past few days so haven't had much of a chance to post or answer your questions, but I promise I'll get to them tomorrow [barring a major catastrophe, like a wayward teenager not coming home for an entire night *cough* again *cough*]. Till then!

BUT BEFORE I GO, THE REQUISITE WEATHER REPORT
Overcast and fairly gloomy day, but mild, so that makes the cloud cover more than bearable. There are already crocuses [croci?] blooming in people's gardens and that makes me very happy. Currently 5°C [41F] but was a balmy 8°C earlier [at least that's what the thermometer on the N1 gas station said and who am I to contest that?]. Sunrise this morning was at 6.23 am and sunset scheduled for 8.38 pm.

* Nicelandic idiom.

Labels: